[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ofc., Ekholm and Vendo

  • From: "Kathy Partch" <kathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2014 14:39:53 -0700

My friend Ofc., Ekholm was a rooky cop here in Cottonwood 15 years ago. He
decided his true goal in life was to be a K-9 cop. He was given a Belgian
Malinois named Vendo that came from a famous kennel in CA. Vendo was
certainly one of a kind. A very talented dog in everything he was asked to
do. At that time our PDs Chief of police didn't want to be responsible for
having dogs on the PD because of insurance they had to carry, etc. His voice
said, "We don't really need another K-9." duh! Ekholm's wife Kathleen
started a campaign for donations towards the talented K-9 that was $6,000.
Donations came rolling in. Politics over ruled & Ofc., Ekholm got his Vendo.
Ekholm/Vendo were an amazing team that did the town well. Vendo in his best
days of Cottonwood uncovered millions of dollars in drug money. And he could
find drugs hidden so well only the best dogs could search out as he did.
Vendo's stories were so amazing that he ended up with a price on his head
which made Ekholm & his family aware of much danger that might be upon them.
Vendo survived all his good deeds. He lived a long life until cancer got him
in the end which of course was very sad. I was asked to do all of
Ekholm/Vendo's promo photos which I totally enjoyed doing. I don't care what
breed or what the dog does, they are worth all their weight in gold. Kathy
www.JoKaySedona.com <http://www.jokaysedona.com/>

http://showgsd.org/mail.html