[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Observances

  • From: "Tina Klahn" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 21:53:47 -0600

Carolyn,

You kind of just proved a couple of my points. I very much refer to the
standard because temperament is critical in the standard, but I see very few
dogs that truly own the ground they stand on. I repeat, please point me to
where the standard calls for the  drastic slope in the top line seen in modern
ASL GSDs (45 or more degrees). What about hocks on the ground when standing?
All things I see in some of the top winning dogs that, in theory, should be top
representatives of the standard right? You're right that health isn't in the
standard, but that should really a given, shouldn't it?

Again, I just don't see where color or coat length are so important compared to
those things. Maybe ASL GSDs could benefit from the wGSD lines if nothing more
than the expansion of the gene pool. If you don't want to breed to a white,
that's completely your choice. Others may appreciate the addition of lines.

To me, the fears of white spotting, etc (which to my knowledge really have
nothing to do with the masking gene) aren't valid. If someone can point me in
the direction of research proving the masking gene and white spots are the same
thing, I'll happily apologize. :)

On a side note, if the posts have not been attacks on one another, though I
guess brutality is in the opinion of the reader, then why has admin had to shut
so many threads down?

I wish the people who replied to me in private, commending my words, would have
done so public because there have been many. I expressed what many have been
thinking and just didn't want to risk posting.

Tina

http://showgsd.org/mail.html