[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Obedience and conformation

  • From: Stormy Hope <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sabokat2@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 19:58:44 -0800

Oh my, you moved into an area that appears not to have any middle ground.  I am
a STRONG believer in that these are the smartest dogs in dogdom, that they can
learn to heel as well as to move out.  That their look of energy and life is
not trodden down by learning how to be obedient.  And the "oh, they'll sit down
in the ring if you teach them "sit."  I had all of my dogs learn how to heel
(not perfectly in some cases LOL), and not one of them chose to heel when given
the chance to "Let's Go."  A couple of my handlers 'prayed' that they could
believe me about my command "Turn," when the dog headed to the corner of the
ring LOL.

I loved my dogs and never would have wanted to live with a "wild thing."
Energetic, full of life, absolutely.  Not under my control when I was walking
them around the city streets?  Not fun.

Stormy

And just as many whom might agree with me, will be those who totally disagree.