[ SHOWGSD-L ] OVC certifications

  • From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 21:34:34 -0800

Here is the copy of the letter that I sent to the man in charge at
OVC....please
take note of his email address.
From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Jan 2008 14:01
Subject: OVC certifications
To: wcoveydu@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dearest Sir,
I am writing you as a member of the German Shepherd Dog Club of America and
with my husband,  breeders and exhibitors for over 72 combined years.
I understand the the OVC is no longer offering hip/elbow certifications?
This is a tragedy.  The OVC is not only a world recognized authority on
CORRECT reading of xrays for certification, but a much needed one.
The dog fancy is becoming increasingly disenchanted with OFA, their
"inaccuracies" and difficulties in dealing with OFA radiologists and staff.
If the OVC is no longer providing x-ray reads for the dog fancy, then we are
"thrown into the jaws " of OFA , with no recourse, no alternative, and NO
way to certify dogs under the age of two, or to have xrays that are
CORRECTLY read, when OFA refuses to admit a mistake.

I ask you , no I plead with you, on behalf of the dog fancy in many
countries PLEASE allow the OVC to continue it's excellent service to the dog
lovers, owners and exhibitors of the world.    Having one entity in North
America to certify dogs, is a potentially problematic and even nightmarish
situation.

I appreciate your time , and consideration on this matter.
Sincerely
Katherine Tank

--
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com