[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: OUR NATIONAL?

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 20:12:21 -0500

I have not heard one person say, nor have I read one post saying, that
anyone was planning on or even thinking about
boycotting the National.
       C'mon people...be real.    This isn't the first time there's been
nastiness on the list, and it's not likely to be the last.  This is,
after all,
a group of people who are all, for the most part, passionate about the
same thing.
Regarding the Hunte matter, I've not seen so many people feel so
strongly about anything in years.
    For those who don't understand the complaints about our Delegate,
they're being made because of the Hunte fiasco...
that's all it takes.  At this point, what's done is done...all but one
of the Board participated in the conference call last Sunday
night, and those Directors did the right thing.  They are probably going
to get another chance to prove their mettle in April.
    In the meantime, despicable behaviour deserves despicable comment.
When people feel betrayed, they forget all the good
that may have preceded that betrayal...that is human nature.  The only
"cliques" speaking otherwise are just that:  cliques...and they
are recognizable.
       Other people are being attacked, too, I see, and for reasons much
more personal than those having to do with Hunte and  all
that's happened since January concerning him.   There's nothing new to
say about Hunte & company right now, so maybe it is time to remember:
 "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."   I'm
including myself in that, precisely because there is nothing new to say.
    Hopefully the problem with our Delegate will be resolved very soon,
and the GSDCA can go about its business, and most people
will attend the National, whether they show or not.   That's all there
is to it, until the current problem is resolved.
Peggy