[ SHOWGSD-L ] OT-sort of. Anyone watch The Bachelor?

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 16:06:08 -0400

Ok, as you all know, I am pitching ideas to producers to educate JQP on
responsible pet ownership and where to find a good breeder for a purebred dog.
Last week, I saw a news story with a local L.A. City Animal Shelter.  Promoting
adoption was was Prince Lorenzo Borghese.  I guess he was one of the bachelor's
on the show.  I don't watch it but he is now promoting his pet products,
natural shampoos and grooming products.  Now, he was promoting adopting from
shelters but he made a statement that just rubbed me the wrong way.  He said
(twice) don't buy a dog.  Adopt a dog, period.  Ok, that just ticked me off.
Does anyone think a Prince would NOT buy a dog?  Right!

Anyway, as I do sometimes, I looked his website up and jetted off an email.  I
never expected a response as I rarely get one, LOL!  However, I got an email
from him, personally, the same night.  He told me the war stories of shelter
dogs and kill/no-kill shelters and on and on...  I responded and told him he
was preaching to the choir.  Then, I educated him on how to word his statements
so as not to turn off the purebred dog population while promoting adoption and
breed rescue organizations.  Again, I thought he would be done with me.  Not
so, I got another response from him actually taking my suggestions into
consideration.  Ok, I don't trust people much and thought it was just fluff
from him.

Today, I got an email from his COO, thanking me for my suggestions and asking
more questions on how to promote their products to the show community.  Well, I
was shocked!  I guess he did listen.  Now, I do believe in adoption as a first
choice for folks who just want a family pet.  But, I also don't feel that folks
who want to have a purebred dog should be shamed or felt guilty for wanting a
purebred dog.  I hope I got that point across.

If they are honest in their responses, I would happily promote their wonderful
products.

But, does anyone know if he is a real Prince?  Does Italy even have Princes?  I
think he is Italian.  As I said, I don't watch the show.  Prince or not, it's
been fun to talk to hom <VBG>

Laura