[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: OT-sort of

  • From: Sarah Bishop <bliz1998@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:00:22 -0500

<<My cat has become a GSD. He doesn't know he is a cat. He has started
following me around, including the bathroom. He is not a typical cat as he
wants the same attention, feeding schedule and routine as the dogs. Cats are
supposed to be independent, aloof and stingy with their attention. Afterall,
humans are beneath them, LOL! Not this guy. >>

My cat was almost 2 when I got him and so was the GSD I had at home.  They
pretty much instantly fell in love.  I'd get after the dog thinking he was bing
to rough only to look over a moment or 2 later and the dog is still laying down
trying to be good as the cat is rubbing all over him and rolling around on his
front feet trying to get the dog to do something.

Currently I am dogless but occasionally I my one petsit dog gets to go run
errands with me and my cat is ecstatic when those errands include a stop by the
house.  The dog (75# or so GSDx) wants to explore the house and my cat tries
everything in his power to get the dog to play with him.  It's great when it
works but even funnier when it doesn't as the dog is trying so hard to sniff
around and my cat keeps flopping in front of him, against him and just
generally being a pest.

As for aloof & stingy with their affection, not my cat either.  In fact we call
him puppy cat frequently because he's much more dog like than cat like in his
attitudes.

~Sarah

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222984/direct/01/