[ SHOWGSD-L ] OT-human brag

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:27:12 EST

Ok, we all know there are other competitions outside of dogs, right :-)
Well, my son-in-law just did a regional competition in Las Vegas.  If anyone
is familiar with UFC, he competes in this venue.  UFC is a combination of Ju
Jit Su and grappling, developed by the Brazilian team, known as the Gracie's.
Tim is a brown belt who is looking to get that black belt and open his own
school.  Yesterday, he won his weight class (heavy weight), against a black
belt.  He got one of those humungous belts that fighters get when they win.
This
was a huge deal as it was a regional competition.  I am so proud of him.

The training for this is so intense and very much like conditioning for the
Nationals.  It takes a lot of dedication.  To make this dog related, this
Ultimate Fight Champion is owned by a 4lb Yorkie, LOL!

Thaks for reading this.

Laura Thomas
www.treasureranchgsds.com