[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: OT...Happy doggy news..ect

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: psharp212@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 21:03:01 -0500

    If people want a cropped and/or docked breed and decide to breed and
not crop/dock the puppies, that is their right.
Correctly done, tail docking is not terribly traumatic; it shouldn't
interfere with the muscles that allow the dog to keep itself clean,
either.  Ears, as I said earlier, are a messy job...and it takes weeks,
sometimes months, to get the healing done and get the ears to stand.
They are two different things.
    Still, it can be a personal decision and not one that the government
should make for us.  People who dont' want to do it won't be labeled by
me...but when the government (any government) starts interfering with
our right to make that choice, then yes, I am going to stand up and
shout that the push came from ARistas.
  And, while we all say things on this list and others that we
shouldn't, we do have to keep in mind that many people on this list are
not only new to the list, but may be new to dogs....and blissfully
unaware of AR programs and goals.
       The other examples you gave have to do with subjects that have no
relationship at all to cropping and docking, other than the ones
generally accepted as cruel, including by people who routinely crop
and/or dock, are not legislated against...that doesn't make them more
acceptable to dog people.
    Peggy