[ SHOWGSD-L ] O/T......EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!!!

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "shepherd, german" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:12:29 -0800

>I was on Facebook a few minutes ago. Someone named Daniel Smith IMed
>me and said that he was stuck in London. Had been robbed and hit on
>the head and all his money was stolen. Then he asked me for money. I
>told him that I would have to do some checking to make some calls to
>make sure that this was legit and all of a sudden he was gone. Does
>anyone know if our own Dan Smith really is in London? Just wanted to
>tell everyone that if it is someone trying to get money from someone
>you could be next. Obviously if it was the real Dan Smith...I would
>have had no problem sending him money.
> Amy Greenhut
A story from my past....
He came into my office at the church. He had been beaten up and robber
and the thieves stole his ID, his cash and his airline ticket home to
Hawaii. He was the youth pastor at his church and I could verify his
story with his pastor. So I called the number he gave me and sure
enough, the secretary answered, "Laihaina --- Church." I asked for and
got the pastor on the line who assured me that the young man was who
he said and needed our help. If I would give him a ticket and some
cash, then mail the receipt to him immediately and call him back, he
would send me the reimbursement funds immediately. So I did.

Then I called back, but got no answer, so waited a day and tried
again... No answer.
A week later someone answered and in pigeon English informed me that
someone had been using his phone for unauthorized long distance calls
and he knew nothing about it.

Ex cop, taken to the cleaners and embarrassed about it....

Anyone can go to our web site and construct a similar story from our
officers and committee members list and do the same thing! If they are
wise, they'll call me! I will believe anything, apparently!
Dave