[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: OTD computer advice

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: Arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 12:00:17 EST

Sue,

I haven't tried the 2007 version - it might need Windows Vista to  run.

If you need something while you decide and shop around, or if you
don't want to spend the money, try OpenOffice.  I used it for  almost
two years and it opened documents from WordPerfect and Word
without any  problems.  Also worked great with powerpoints  and
Excel spreadsheets.  The version from a couple of years ago had
a few glitches with some macros, but they may have fixed that
by now.

It's a free download and works on Microsoft or Apple operating
systems.   I only put MS Office 2003 on because I got a  chance
to license it for free through a contract with my employer.  If  that
runs out, I'll be happily back to the free software <G>!  -  Janice

_http://www.openoffice.org/_ (http://www.openoffice.org/)

In a message dated 2/18/2007 9:40:31 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
Arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The  Microsoft Office that was on our new computer has ran out and now we
need to  buy it.  So, which is the way to go...Microsoft Office 2003  or the
new
one that is out  Microsoft Office 2007?  Does anyone know if  2007 will mesh
with 2003?  I don't want to not be able to send stuff to  people that still
have the 2003 version and it not go thru.  Thanks for  the help,  Sue