[ SHOWGSD-L ] OT - looking for temporary foster home in Ottawa Canada

  • From: "Mary-Anne" <mary-anne.boulet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ShowGSD-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:34:20 -0500

      Could someone in the Ottawa area please help foster this German
Shepherd rescue?  The dog has had surgery and requires complete rest for one
month.  It would be short term and a really great Christmas gift for this
young female who has gone through so much already.
      Please contact me at mary-anne.boulet@sympatico if you can or if you
know someone who is able to help.
      Thank you for helping
      Mary-Anne

      Frydae my puppy mill foster dog (German Shep not an ARPH dog) went in
for a routine spay today....as soon as they cut her open things went
wrong...Frydae seemed to have allot of blood. At first they thought maybe
she was in heat, they continued with the spay, but she continued to bleed-
heavily. When the uterus was removed they couldn't get it under control,
they kept looking to see why she was bleeding so much, she was on the table
for more than two hours and they couldn't find any real reason why she was
bleeding out, they did notice something about her intestinal tract (for the
life of me I can't remember what it was because I was panicking at this
point) They don't know if this had anything to do with why she was loosing
large amounts of blood so they did some tests and did everything they could
to stop the bleeding. Finally they were able to stop the blood flow. Tests
showed her red blood count was off. They also want to test for clotting (has
to send out to Toronto)
      Anyways they have to keep her over night to be watched very closely.
When she is ready to be released she will need a month of no playing, no
running nothing other than short leash walks. I don't want her to live in a
crate because she lived that way for two years and had made remarkable
progress, the vet would like her to go somewhere that has no dogs so she
wouldn't be tempted to play. She needs a home to recoup in that will allow
her to relax, who will walk her on short leash walks and not let her run or
wrestle. She needs a month recover. Frydae took a month to learn how to play
with dogs, after learning what it was like to be a dog she hasn't looked
back, Frydae LOVES to play with Haven, Gretzky and the pups..for this reason
I cannot bring her here. If anyone knows anyone who can provide a home for a
month for Frydae I would be very grateful.
      Frydae has been with me since Oct 5 and is turning out to be a very
loving, goofy girl. Please let me know as soon as you can if you know
someone who can provide the kind of home Frydae needs to recover. She will
be at the vets till Thursday or maybe Friday. I know this is so close to
Christmas but I really would like to find a place better than my own for her
to rest in I just don't want to risk her having problems by staying here
with my crew....and it would only be for a month (max) than she should be
well enough to return to my home.

      Thank you for any help you can provide

      Ginnette

http://bulliesinneed.fivepixelmedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5478