[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: OT- land line phones

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 19:37:39 GMT

I have not had a land-line in almost a year.  My 35 year old son, who served on
both coasts and in the Med with the US Navy and has rented 2 different
apartments before buying a house, has never had a land-line, yet has had the
same phone number for all that time!

Once you "cut the cord" you can't believe how liberating it is.

My internet connection is wireless and my television is DirecTV.  The reason I
don't have a land-line is that Verizon told me they would be out last July to
hook up a regular phone line and I was going to use their DSL and phone
service.  No one showed up that day.  I called and they told me that they
flipped a switch in the office and I only had to plug in a phone.  I told them
there is no place to plug in a phone and there is no phone line coming into my
house.  Then I told them what they could do with their service!!

Can't advise on the credit card thing, but, I can't believe it HAS to be a
land-line phone.

Paula, 158 days and counting