[ SHOWGSD-L ] OT- another Blonde joke - this one's on me

  • From: Betsy Reinier <betsy1r@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: New dog list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 09:04:35 -0700

(last week)...It was another hot miserable day again and I had ran
errands all day long. My last stop was at Costco where I picked up some
dog food, milk and blueberries. One of the helpers at Costco help me by
unloading the dog food, (as I'm not suppose to lift anything over 10
lbs.).  Anyway, I was hungry, hot and tired and I just wanted to get
home. So after everything was loaded, I opened my car door and hot air
rushed out to great me. I immediately turned the key so I could opened
all my windows, and pulled down the sun shade across my front window.

A lady pulled up right beside me on the passenger side and smiled at me,
of course I smiled back. I noticed that she was waiting for me to back
out so she could get out of her car more easily, so I put it in reverse
and nothing happened. I just started to coast backwards very slowly, so
I put it back into park and then, back into reverse.  The lady's window
was also opened, so I said, "I think something is wrong with my car. I
can't seem to move when I put it in reverse and hit the gas pedal."

She looked at me for a couple seconds and said, "Is your car turned on?"

I looked down and noticed that my key was not all the way over;  just
far enough to let me roll down my windows.

I looked back at her with great embarrassment and  said, "Aw,  No."   So
I turned to key _all_ the way and it started up. I backed out and left
her still sitting in her car. I guess she is still laughing. :-[

Now that I look back on this embarrassing  moment...It was rather funny;
especially  from her point of view anyway.  I guess now, she has another
Blonde joke to tell everyone. "Hey hubby...guess what happened at Costco
today? There was this dumb blonde that didn't even know how to turn her
car on....."

(sigh)  Just another dumb "dish water"  Blonde.

Betsy