[ SHOWGSD-L ] OT a new treatment of an old story

  • From: RihadinK9@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:25:14 EST

A mouse looked through  the crack in the wall to see the farmer and his wife
open a package. "What food  might this contain?" The mouse wondered - he was
devastated to discover it was a  mousetrap. Retreating to the farmyard, the
mouse proclaimed the warning. "There  is a mousetrap  in the house! There is a
mousetrap in the house!" The  chicken clucked and scratched, raised her head
and
said,  "Mr. Mouse, I can  tell this is a grave concern to you, but it is of
no consequence to me.  I  cannot be bothered by it. "The mouse turned to the
pig and told him, "There is a  mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in
the house!" The pig sympathized,  but said, "I am so very sorry, Mr. Mouse, but
there is nothing I can do about it  but pray.  Be assured you are in my
prayers. "The mouse turned to the  cow and said "There is a mousetrap in the
house!
There is a mousetrap in the  house! "The cow said, "Wow, Mr. Mouse.  I'm
sorry for you, but it's no  skin off my nose. "So, the mouse returned to the
house, head down and dejected,  to face the farmer's mousetrap alone. That very
night a sound was heard  throughout the house -- like the sound of a mousetrap
catching its prey. The  farmer's wife rushed to see what was caught. In the
darkness, she did not see it  was a venomous snake whose tail the trap had
caught.
The snake bit the farmer's  wife. The farmer rushed her to the hospital, and
she returned home with a  fever.  Everyone knows you treat a fever with fresh
chicken soup, so the  farmer took his hatchet to the farmyard for the soup's
main ingredient. But his  wife's sickness continued, so friends and neighbors
came to sit with her around  the clock. To feed them, the farmer butchered the
pig. The farmer's wife did not  get well; she died.  So many people came for
her funeral, the farmer had  the cow slaughtered to provide enough meat for all
of them. The mouse looked  upon it all from his crack in the wall with great
sadness. So, the next time you  hear someone is facing a problem and think it
doesn't concern you, remember --  when one of us is threatened, we are all at
risk. We are all involved in this  journey called life. We must keep an eye
out for one another and make an extra  effort to encourage one another.

Ginger Cleary,  Rome, GA
"One of the greatest delusions of the world is  the HOPE that the EVILS of
this world are to be CURED BY LEGISLATION." Thomas  B. Reed 1886
_http://www.rihadin.com_ (http://www.rihadin.com/)