[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: OT Why would anyone

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 09:14:27 -0800 (PST)

I have been listening to the Fox News channel about the rescue. They are saying
that they are going Over the top of the MT. to search the north side. Trust me
there is no reason to go Over the top of the Mt. to get to the north side :0)
It simply means that the chopper will land them on the north side. What really
ticks me off is that they went up there against all odds. There were avalanche
warning up there for weeks. NOBODY CLIMBS MT. HOOD IN DECEMBER. You do it in
May and hope to hell a late storm doesn't kill you on the Mt. The average snow
fall on Mt. Hood is 120 inches I believe this year has been record braking
rains which means that they probably have had a great deal of snow at the
higher elevations. These 3 young men decide this is when they need to take on
the Mountain??

  I won't head back to Oregon until the end of Jan. I want to be home in time
to whelp Tia's litter. Have fun in Oregon and take you rain gear and ice shoes
:0) Jan is nasty in Oregon.
  Terry
candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  I was telling my husband the other night that if they find these guys alive
they need to send them a bill. I really think that these people that
do "extreme" stuff and need to be rescued need to pay for it. I hope and
pray they are found alive, but seriously doubt it after this amount of time.

Hey, are you going to the all breeds in Portland next month? I'm coming up!

Candy

> Want to climb Mt. Hood in December when there are avalanche warnings.?
I feel very bad
for the mothers of these boys but I am tried of people that have no clue
about Mt.
climbing coming to Oregon. There are now 50 rescue people climbing the
mountain risking
their lives to try to save them.

===========================
> POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the
original author and of
GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind
are permitted without
prior permission of the original author AND of the Showgsd-l Management.
ALL RIGHTS
RESERVED.

> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION
OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY
MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE
POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A
VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS
OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

> VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

Terry Cochran