[ SHOWGSD-L ] OT Our Grand daughter had her 3rd Surgery

  • From: "Diane Roberts" <dianeroberts.gsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Diane Roberts" <dianeroberts.gsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 21:58:38 -0500

For those of you that have been following the medical problems with our
youngest grandchild here is the latest update.

Jadzia (meaning female warrior and she has really lived up to that)our 7
month old grand daughter that has spent most of her life short life either
in Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh or the local Hospital in DuBois, Pa had
surgery to insert a feeding tube that is connected directly to the intestine
as her digestive system has not worked properly.

This was her 3rd surgery and everything seems to be working well.  She will
not be able to have anything by mouth for at least 2 weeks from the surgery
so the damage from the reflex can heal.  She will then be able to receive a
bottle and small amounts of baby food every couple hours during the day and
will be on the pump during the night receiving food continually.

This is our sons first child and Amy's 4th (and last she said).  They have
done wonderful with everything that has been thrown at them since Jadzia was
born.

The social worker has been great making sure the kids receive counseling due
to bouncing around to Amy's and my family for the last 6 months.  They go to
Pittsburgh staying at Ronald McDonald house on long weekends so they can be
together and see their baby sister.  Jim and Amy receive counseling at
Children's Hospital.

For anyone that wondered where the funds go from the collection boxes at
McDonald's I can tell you first hand.  What they offer to the families of
hospitalized children is wonderful at low cost ($11 for a double room) or
free (in exchange for an hour daily of vacuuming, dusting or cleaning).
Other than 24 hour RN's, an office person and a social worker on staff the
residents do the cleaning to keep cost down.

For the PA dog people that have offered help to my son and his family and to
put me up. THANK YOU

Diane Roberts
Majestic German Shepherds (puppies available)
Tampa Bay GSD Rescue, Inc
www.tampabaygsdrescue.org
American German Shepherd Rescue Assoc, Inc
www.agsra.com
Riverview, FL 33569
813-671-2913