[ SHOWGSD-L ] OT - More GOOD NEWS!! NY Beagle found!

  • From: RihadinK9@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:18:42 EST

Pete the Beagle I posted about the other day  that was lost during a traffic
accident has been found!!  Here is the note  from his owner...

------------------
At about 4 P.M. today, Pete was  found in a ditch very close to the
crash site.  He had been spotted  twice today.  A friend drove me around
all afternoon looking for him,  with no luck.  We were almost home as
she had to go take care of her  own dogs when I received a call from a
friend who said another friend, who  had put together all of the flyers
and was the "head cheerleader" had been  called, went and got Pete and
was on her way with him to our vet.  He  has been hit by a car, but his
injuries are luckily not that  severe.

Pete has a luxated hip, which will be "popped" back in  tomorrow.  He is
getting fluids tonight as he is a bit shocky, but he  has no internal
injuries or any other injuries, except for the hip.   The prognosis is
good.  He is a little guy, not quite 19 pounds, and  has no history of
hip dysplasia.

I am so grateful to all of you for  your prayers, words of encouragement
and hope.  While we drove around  today, I kept seeing friends driving
around and people that I didn't know,  but that the other friends had
called, driving, walking and looking for my  little dog.

My husband picked me up from the vet (he was home manning the  phones)
and, on the way home, I burst into tears because of all of the  people
who did this looking for me...and I don't even know them.  Dog  people
are wonderful!

I am grateful, my husband, John, is grateful  and I send you many thanks
from Pete....my first dog from my first litter,  Ch. Bygodde The Bell
Tolls.  I guess that the bell didn't toll for him  today....and, for
that,  I am very thankful.  Bless you all. You  are good people.

Jessica Eggleston
Bygodde Beagles
Saratoga  Springs, NY

Ginger  Cleary, Rome, GA
"One of the greatest delusions of the world is the HOPE that  the EVILS of
this world are to be CURED BY LEGISLATION." Thomas B. Reed  1886
http://www.rihadin.com