[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: OT - Happy Birthday to all of us Former Marines-11/10

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pgreen@xxxxxxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:57:43 -0800 (PST)

My dad was a drill Sargent in the U.S. Marines during the Korean war...the
Marines and many other areas in American Society were segregated back then...so
needless to say he was in an all black platoon!....he was one rough tough you
know what...what ever strength of character I have comes straight from
him....he is why I am what I am......our society has changed greatly since that
time...too bad he did not live long enough to see it...Ed Hill