[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: OT ........ Fwd: ID Gov: "I'm prepared...to shoot a wolf myself."

  • From: shirley sommers <ssthunderpony@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ssthunderpony@xxxxxxxxx, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:13:48 -0800 (PST)

Yikes! I do not know what caused all the gibberish but  here is the letter.
"Rodger Schlickeisen, Defenders of Wildlife" wrote: Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007
01:00:15 -0500 (EST)
From: "Rodger Schlickeisen, Defenders of Wildlife"
To: ssthunderpony@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: ID Gov: "I'm prepared...to shoot a wolf myself."

 Any day now, the Bush-Cheney Administration could sanction the largest
massacre of wolves to occur in the lower 48 states in decades. Governments in
Idaho and Wyoming are preparing to make it happen. If you?ve never donated
before, now is the time to make a difference! Make an emergency donation to
stop the slaughter today!

I want to help stop the slaughter of hundreds of wolves in the Northern Rockies.

Please accept my contribution of:
$100 $50 $35 Other

Help us reach our goal of raising $50,000 in the next 72 hours:
Forward this message to at least 5 others who care about wildlife.
Dear Shirley,

Things aren?t looking good for Northern Rockies wolves.

At a Boise rally of anti-wolf zealots, Idaho Governor ?Butch? Otter told the
crowd, "I'm prepared to bid for that first ticket to shoot a wolf myself." He
then endorsed a plan to kill 54 of the state?s 65 packs -- over 80 percent of
the state?s wolves.

In Wyoming, the state legislature is moving forward with a bill to
?aggressively manage? their wolf populations by killing up to 66% of wolves in
their state outside national park boundaries.

We need your help to stop them. Please support our work with your emergency
gift of $100, $50, $35 or another amount.

Any day now, the Bush-Cheney Administration could sanction the largest massacre
of wolves to occur in the lower 48 states in decades. And in Wyoming and Idaho,
state governments are preparing plans to make it happen.

These irresponsible proposals could even lead to the killing of Yellowstone
wolves. As individuals and packs cross park boundaries, they would find
themselves directly in the line of fire.

Defenders of Wildlife is working hard on the ground, fighting against what
would be the most significant setback in wolf recovery in decades.

We?ve already mobilized more than 47,000 activists to urge the Fish & Wildlife
Service to keep protections for wolves in place. Northern Rockies
Representative Suzanne Stone has given dozens of media interviews and is
coordinating with state and local conservation groups, ranchers and sportsmen
to stop these misguided plans.

And that?s not all we?re doing. We?re rallying our activists on the ground,
launching public education campaigns and are preparing for legal action to
ensure protection for Western wolves.

But we?re going to need your help. Your tax-deductible emergency donation will
help prevent a Northern Rockies wolf slaughter.

The future of our wolves depends on you.

Sincerely,

Rodger Schlickeisen
President
Defenders of Wildlife

P.S. Your online donation makes an immediate impact. You can also make a
contribution over the phone by calling 1-800-385-9712.

Defenders Home | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Donate Now
© Copyright 2007, Defenders of Wildlife
This message was sent to ssthunderpony@xxxxxxxxxx

Please do not respond to this message.
Click here to update your information or unsubscribe.
Defenders of Wildlife is a national, nonprofit membership organization
dedicated to the protection of all native wild animals and plants in their
natural communities.
Defenders of Wildlife can be contacted at:
1130 17th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036

© Copyright 2007, Defenders of Wildlife
This message was sent to ssthunderpony@xxxxxxxxxx

Please do not respond to this message.
Click here to update your information or unsubscribe.
Defenders of Wildlife is a national, nonprofit membership organization
dedicated to the protection of all native wild animals and plants in their
natural communities.
Defenders of Wildlife can be contacted at:
1130 17th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036

Image German Shepherd Dogs
-home of -
Am / Can Ch.Scherlo's Mr.Karizma OFA h/e
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/?yguid=140553699
http://community.webshots.com/album/125344462zaHnik

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.