[ SHOWGSD-L ] OT - Alien Plant Life???

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 15:24:45 -0400

Seeing how it's so slow on the List today, I thought I'd ask for
some help identifying these things that are growing in my yard...
These strange plants have sprung up, and I've never seen anything
like them!  They have one main stalk with alternate, very long
petioles which terminate in one VERY LARGE leaf.  The leaves are
similar to those found on "Elephant Ear" plants, only a whole lot
bigger.

The largest plant has reached a height of about 9 feet and it's
still growing!  They look like something you'd see in the Amazon!
Does anyone have an idea what this plant could be?

Paulette McGuirt
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam