[ SHOWGSD-L ] ONE beer! / Banfield / Funny

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: psharp212@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:54:16 EST

In a message dated 12/27/2006 7:28:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
psharp212@xxxxxxx writes:
Banfield  at PetsMart has one or two days per week that are for vaccinations
only,  and they throw in a vet exam for free.

They do.  Locally it's Wednesdays.  I've used them for rabies  shots,
suffered through one vet who was scared to death of big dogs, listened
politely to
why I should neuter the boys, but what happened next was  funny:

Stevie came into season and I needed a BC/VC.  It was over  Thanksgiving and
my regular vet was closed.  I called Banfield, you could  tell they were
puzzled, while I waited on the phone they looked in a book (from  the lab) to
see
if there were such things, found them when I used the "whole"  name for the
tests and said bring her in.  They asked her name to write us  in the
appointment
book.  Stevie.  Phoebie?  No, Stevie.  S-T-E-V-I-E.

So we arrive.  New tech out front.  Out comes the book of tests  available
from the lab and after (much) more discussion and me spelling  "Brucellosis"
and
explaining that VC meant VAGINAL culture, the gal found the  tests listed in
the big book of available tests, took hold of Stevie and said  "come on boy"
and proceeded to inform me that she would take "him" in the  back for "his
tests".

I just shook my head and wondered where my school tax dollars were  going. I
mean, at some point it has to occur to an individual that it would  be
impossible to do a vaginal culture on a male dog....right?

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_