[ SHOWGSD-L ] OMG Another new Champion & Qualifier for Strider

  • From: Kay Springer <showgsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 16:56:24 -0700

OMG, someone needs to pinch me to make sure I am not dreaming all of
this.  Can this show circuit get any better?  Yesterday, Strider gets
his Grand Championship & BOB at age 9 + and on Friday his son, Teddy,
goes winners dog....now I just got a phone call from Art telling me
today, under judge Evie Sullivan,  Strider's daughter Ziva, who needed
a major to finish, won the major today and finished her
championship ..... and .... her littermate Mr. B who is just starting
to show got the major on the dog side and is now a qualifier for
Strider!  Yesterday, was his first time in Open and he went RWD to his
half brother Teddy. Both Ziva and Mr. B are beautiful red, red sables!
I think I must be dreaming all of this!

The one day I could not go to the show, due to a prior commitment with
Golden State German Shepherd Rescue, and all of this happens! Another
show tomorrow and I will be going for sure, despite the rain, to see
Ziva as a new special.

One of the coolest things about these two wins is that the dogs were
shown by their owners!  New Champion Winter Hawk's Breakfast at Rohan,
Ziva,  is owned by Chriss Simmons & her grand daughter Jessica Frentz
was shown today by Jess's mother Stephanie Frentz.  Stephanie put both
of the majors on Ziva and Jess put on several of her minor points.
Jessica also shows Ziva in Junior Handling and has several Best
Juniors with her and recently won a $500 scholarship for being in the
top four Jr. Handlers in California.    Ziva's littermate Mr. B, aka
Winter Hawk's Barking at Rohan, is also owned by Chriss and Jessica
and was shown today by Jessica.  Both dogs were bred by Chriss Simmons
and Bobbie Kindy out of Witmer's Frosted Toffee by GCh. Rohan's Reward
TC,CGC,HT,RE, CDX,CHIC.  I am so happy for this family who took
promising puppies and brought out their potential. Thank you, thank
you, thank you to Chriss, Stephanie and Jessica for showing these
dogs.   Good things do happen!

So with Strider's other daughter, Scherzar's Tapestry II, aka Toody
finishing her championship at the specialty last weekend, that makes
two champions in a week, another qualifier & a Grand Champion and that
certainly has never happened to me before.

We are doing a double happy dance and Strider's gets a special dinner
for sure!

What a week of shows!

Kay Springer
www.showboatgsd.com
Home of Multi BISS & Multi Group Winning
GCh. Rohan's Reward TC,CGC,HT,RE,CDX,CHIC (h,e,h,t) DM normal
"Strider" 83 BOBs - #5 & #6 GSD 2009