[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: OK.. the way we were again... LOL

  • From: GSD0110@xxxxxxx
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 08:48:25 EST

Thank you Kathy....great post!  There have always been fads from the  extreme
rears of by-gone years to the short legs and almost square dogs of  the
present.....And the breeders always recognize it when it becomes a  problem
(well
at least the wise ones do).  Many of the dogs of the past  needed to be
shortened up in the middle piece...so what we have to do is make  sure we don't
go
overboard in the opposite direction (as has happened).

We do have some GREAT judges... who are able to see through the facade of
tight leads and strung up dogs.  We see them put up class winners that are
moving that way and say.... look he/she is approving it too... when in fact,
all
he/she did was to put up the best of what was presented to him/her...
sometimes  judges put up the best of the worst so to speak....But the judges
are the
ones who actually promote or eventually put an end to the fads.  I have
confidence that the good judges we have will correct these problems too.

I hear out great judges saying they are SICK of the short legs... rumbling
movement over extremely short middle pieces and croups... and fluffy dogs with
short necks that look like bitches in the headpiece. In the end they will be
the  people to help make a difference. All conscientious breeders actually
have the  best interests of the breed at heart. We can and will turn this
around.... then  we'll be talking in 10 years about the new fad we need to
correct...
LOL

A few of us were entrusted (through an unfortunate series of events  and
tragedies) with much of what is left of a great legacy. Through  tragedy, I
became
custodian of some great animals.  I will care for them  the best that I can
and do my best to perpetuate correct dogs that can move  and not be influenced
by fads and what is winning at the moment. It is easy  to fall into (we all
want to win) and hard to get out of...

Gary