[ SHOWGSD-L ] OFFICIALLY HOME - TEMPORARILY!

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 14:39:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Everybody,

We are home now from our trip to Italy and Germany and New Jersey.
We got home last Tuesday evening from Germany.  We had a good time in
Italy.  The performance of Aida in the coliseum was really  spectacular.  They
didn't bring an elephant on stage but they did have 4  white horses!  My
meeting with Henke went well and the sieger show was good  though in the rush
of
everything I had to do to get out of here I forgot to put  in the
binoculars.  The show is held in a large stadium so seeing the  numbers on the
dogs
was somewhat difficult.  However, it all went  well, weather was great if a
little warm, and it only rained the day we drove  from Verona to Nurnberg and
again from Nurnberg to Munich to catch our  flight.  We arrived home to
rain worse than what we had with Hurricane  Irene!

Then Saturday we drove to Maryland for a reunion of Bob's family.   Dropped
the dogs at the kennel again (they weren't too thrilled to go  back  so
soon).  After the reunion we drove to Jersey City, NJ for the 9/11 SAR  Working
Dog Ceremony and got home around 10 PM last night.  I felt  very privileged
and honored to be representing the GSDCA at this event.  It  was a very
moving tribute to working dogs.  I'm going to write it up for  the Review.  I
haven't had time yet today to download all the pictures Bob  took but
hopefully he got some good ones.  The bronze sculpture - Semper Fi  - is more
impressive in reality than it is in the pictures although the  pictures are
pretty good too (check the web site).  We need to find this  sculpture a home
in
the east where he belongs (the artist lives in Colorado and  that is why it
has been in Colorado).

The return home is temporary because we will leave for the National in less
 than 2 weeks.  I feel like I could use a little more time to get ready for
 that but ...............  Anyway, looking forward to seeing lots of you
there!

Tish

Permission to crosspost