[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: OFA requiring Permanent ID

  • From: "Paris-Smith_k9s" <paris-smith_k9s@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 17:28:11 -0700

Actually Ed it just proves that the x-ray actually belongs to said dog. With
their being no personal identification it just goes by the word of the owner.
Not saying you would lie but we all know that there are people that will not be
honest.
Tammy

From: Kay Springer [mailto:showgsd@xxxxxxx]
ent: Saturday, May 26, 2012 11:16 AM
o: paris-smith_k9s@xxxxxxxxxxx
c: 'Sally'; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
ubject: OFA requiring Permanent ID

I don't believe this to be true.  If you want the dog listed on the AKC
edigree then you do have to have a permanent ID but otherwise there is no
equirement to have it when x-raying hips and elbows.  So as far as doing a
heek swab for a DM test on one dog that you know is clear and submitting
nder another dog's name you can essentially do that with x-rays if so
esired.  Here is what the OFA application says regarding PI on x-rays --

Only dogs with Verified Permanent Identification (VPI) will have their
esults transmitted to the AKC for inclusion in their registration and
edigree documents

The permanent ID is not required by OFA to do x-rays. I always thought that
his was a "loophole" that should be fixed.

Kay Springer
www.showboatgsd.com <http://www.showboatgsd.com/>
Home of Multi BISS & Multi Group Winning
GCh. Rohan's Reward TC,CHC,HT,RE,CDX,CHIC (h,e,h,t) DM Normal
"Strider" 83 BOBs  - #5 & #6 GSD 2009

On May 26, 2012, at 10:25 AM, Paris-Smith_k9s wrote:

Hips and elbow though you have to have a vet verify a microchip number and
hey have to sign the form being submitted. DM tests are not verified by
nyone but the individual doing them. No microchip or tattoo is required
ither. Many of the dogs listed on OFA have single names with nothing else
osted about them. No sire no Dam nothing.
Tammy
ww.noble-spirit-shepherds.com

is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the original
dministrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions expressed in any
ost.
MANNER
VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org <http://showgsd.org/>

is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org <http://showgsd.org/>