[ SHOWGSD-L ] OFA and Small Weekend Brags

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:01:44 EDT

I just received the OFA results on Lexie (Wasatch-Gold Auf der
Autobahn) - Good Hips, Normal Elbows.

Last month I met a young woman who used to be a professional
handler in Columbia, and she started working with my big clown
of a pup, Pono.   She was handling a friend's pup in Idaho this
weekend, so we decided to enter Pono a couple of days to see
how he'd do with her.  On impulse, I also entered Lexie in  Bred-by
on Saturday.  Lexie had been with a co-owner and was recently
returned to me, so she hasn't been in any shows since she was
seven months old.   Pono did pretty well when Monica  Rueda had
him in the ring, though he still needs to grow up and settle down
before he'll really do well <G>.  He did come home with  two
reserve ribbons - out of only two class dogs entered.  The  only
time he was really out of control, was when 'mom' had to take
him back in for winners - he thought that was too much fun!

Lexie really made me proud.  She took Best Bred By for the
breed, then went on to Second Best Bred By for the Herding
Group.  Even with the handicap of me showing her, she is a
natural - I'm looking forward to putting her in more shows next
year.  Coming home to find the OFA results back less than
two weeks after we did the x-rays makes it even better <VBG>.

Lexie and Pono are both out of my Hoki (Trinity Hokulea  Wasatch-Gold,
OFA H&E).   Pono's sire is Ch. Windwalker's XL Erynbrook  Auchtung, OFA;
and Lexie's sire is my Vinnie (Brentaryl's Starrystarry Night, OFA  H&E).

Janice Buchanan
Wasatch-Gold German Shepherds, UT