[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: OBIT OF A PUPPY

  • From: "Paula M. Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 18:41:40 GMT

I was born 5 years ago, the daughter of a beautiful Select Champion bitch and a
very handsome Select Champion dog.  People said that I had a great pedigree. I
had longer hair than the others.
Famous dog people came to look at me and my litter-mates. My litter-mates all
left with these different people and went on to become Champions, so I heard.
I went to live with a breeder/handler.  I lived in a kennel run all the time.
I heard my people say how pretty my type was; how good my temperament was; how
great my shoulder was; too bad I was a long-coat.  My litter-mates must not
have had hair as long as mine, so, I guess my hair was a bad thing.
I was bred to a handsome boy dog.  I didn’t feel so good while I was pregnant
and I eventually gave birth to 2 puppies.  No one liked my puppies.  My people
kept saying, “Too bad.”
I heard that my picture was put on the internet and I might go to a home.  Home
sounded like a good place.  Maybe better than living in a kennel run, waiting
day after day for the time my food came, and sometimes a cheerful word or a
playful pat.
A lady came by my kennel one day and said how pretty I was and why didn’t my
owner breed me to the lady’s champion dog?  My owner said ok.  I went to live
at the lady’s house for a few weeks and was bred to her handsome dog.  He was
fun to play with.  It was nice at the lady’s house.  I wondered if I was now in
a home, like I had heard about.  There was no kennel at the lady’s house.  I
ate good food and played with the boy dog and slept in the people house.  It
was fun hearing a bird sing in the morning and watching a cat scoot around the
house.  Even the little, old Chihuahua was nice to me.
Then one day, I went back to the breeder/handler kennel.  I saw the lady on and
off over the next few weeks.  She told the breeder/handler that she would give
me a home if he decided to get “rid” of me.  I thought that sounded like a good
thing.
I thought I was going to have puppies again, and didn’t feel so good.  I hoped
they were good puppies and didn’t have long hair or be ugly and bad like my
first puppies must have been.
My breeder/handler told people that I wasn’t pregnant after all, and it wasn’t
worth trying to breed me anymore as I apparently had “problems,” so he took me
away from his kennels.  A nice doctor and nurse petted me, stung me with a
needle, and killed me.  I guess my breeder/handler decided to not let the lady
come and take me to her home to be her pet.       I’m nothing.