[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Nylabone Edibles HELP!!

  • From: shirley sommers <ssthunderpony@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: romance_german_shepherds@xxxxxxxxxxx, gailbauman1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 20:55:28 -0700 (PDT)

These pet food companies make me puke !
  What do 'they' consider as something digestible to foist off on us  ?

   Good grief Charlie Brown !
  Ground and reformed plastics that the dog will pass through is NOT digestible
in my book.

  BTW ........... Never feed knuckle bones or marrow (femur) bones. They are
notorious tooth breakers  because they are the  dense  weight bearing bones and
are very hard.

  A good meaty (hard to find) knuckle is OK
   -ONLY-
  if you watch and remove the bone as soon as  dog  has cleaned all the meat
off.
  When he starts grinding his canines and incisors into the femur end   is when
the damage starts.
  You can hear the awful grinding sound of tooth scraping on dense bone. Gives
me shivers just thinking about it.

  For what it's worth,
  ~S
Kerri Bojahra <romance_german_shepherds@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  the pkg on greenies also says digestible but those were killing dogs....i
would watch him very close. and then don't give again...give a raw knuckle
bone instead.
kerri

>From: "Gail BAUMAN"
>To: "ShowGSDs"
>Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Nylabone Edibles HELP!!
>Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 21:29:12 -0500
>
>My boy ate a whole one of these (of COURSE, the "Souper" size...!) before I
>was aware he was eating it - anything I need to be concerned about or I
>should watch for?? I only fed him about 1/4 of his usual ration of food
>tonight. The package says it's digestible, and I'm pretty sure he ate it
>in little bits, not big chunks, although I can't be 100% sure....TIA for
>any information!

Your Space. Your Friends. Your Stories. Share your world with Windows Live
Spaces. http://spaces.live.com/?mkt=en-ca

 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.