[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Nylabone Edibles HELP!!

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: utter227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 14:02:17 -0400

    I remember when I first moved to Richmond, and how impossible it was
to even find soup/stew meat, never mind bones!  I asked one of the
butchers at the big local chain (the "prestige" market) for stew meat
and he gave me a package of meat cut up so small you could have made
chili with it.  Of course, this is also the same local chain that
refuses to identify ground beef by anything other than fat
percentages...it's like they never heard of ground round, or anything
like it...I don't buy meat at that store now.  There's another chain
(Kroger) that actually knows how to cut beef into useful sizes for soup
or stew.........and where you can buy ground chuck, ground round, etc.
I've never lived anywhere where it was so difficult to find bones..and
when I do find them, they aren't cheap!!!!
Peggy