[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Numbers still count

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 07:48:11 EST

I did both.  I spoke to Kathy Potter at the Trenton Futurity.   Naturally
at a Futurity, e-1 is busy, grooming, showing, socializing.   Kathy asked
that I put my suggestions in writing, and the following week I did  just that
and e-mailed them to her.

I remember the request for suggestions going out to the list numerous times
 BTW.

For the record, I thought allowing owners to enter/show dogs as many  times
as they wished in F/Ms, coupling the shows over 3 days for a mini-national
(outdoors where available!) would be the way to go.  I based those thoughts
 on the (worsening) economy, folks being unable to fly dogs easily and a
host of  other factors.  I suggested a point system, (like horse of the year)
when  tallying various titles.

JMO

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 3/2/2011 10:46:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

In a  message dated 3/2/2011 5:29:27 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx writes:

it is  interesting that those who  did write suggestions were all
individuals who  attended  futurities.  many of those who had a "fit" when
the plaques
were  initially pulled, neither attend nor enter  futurities.

Therein lies the problem. Those who attended futurities are  a small
percentage of the membership, who still have a right to  opinions in the
running
of our club.  And those who wrote  suggestions are only a small percentage
of
them.

Years ago it  was suggested that only those who attended the national vote
for  judges. I liked that idea but it was pointed out to me that the
opinions
of  all members should be considered.  I was wrong to allow only  a limited

number control our club.

Our club is composed of  about 3,000 members, (or so I was told).  How
many
suggestions  were in those suggestion boxes, who compiled them, what did
they  say, and was that what caused the decision to eliminate the plaques?

If  so, then it clearly didn't represent the desires of our   membership.

If you limit who you ask, you will limit the  response.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament   come  together

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.