[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Numbers / Show Site Question

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx, campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 20:35:11 EDT

then again.....

as I am paying more attention to other breeds National Specialties, I
noticed that many will find a location that works the best for the venues they
offer, and many drive 2+ hours from the nearest airport, of just plain
drive.

I will be checking out the Great Danes and the Afghans next. We share the
same predicament with them concerning crate sizes and airplanes.

Ileana

In a message dated 4/29/2010 5:40:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I think  the Midwest has more Breeders/ Exhibitors, and Club
memberships.......but not  more entries
for our Nationals than the West.    Which of course  is why it is not right
to choose a National site according
to Club  Membersip numbers.
The only right way to choose a good National site  ....is.reasonable
accessibility for everyone WITH DOGS!
Not every  other year.......every year.      Near MAIN HUBS.....or
driveable from all corners.
From the West Coast to the East Coast is not a  reasonable drive.
From the East Coast to the West Coast is not a reasonable  drive.

The Main Hubs for airlines that take dogs  are:
Seattle.
Houston
Dallas/ Ft. Worth
Chicago......Denver is  a  good Secondary..... Salt Lake used to be...not
sure  anymore.
Atlanta
Minn./ St. Paul

There are other huge  airports of course that some have access to.......but
they are not main  hubs.
We have to face reality.    Air travel is not like it was  5  years ago.
But it is still a DOG SHOW.
Most of us do  not have a handler that takes an entire string of dogs with
them for the  owners!
<G>
The requirements for a National Site are included in  the P & P Manual.

Carolyn     marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

From: Cinosam GSD  Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Show Site Question

Hmmm, I  thought I saw a breakdown that showed that CA had the most entries
of any  other state but that three
or four states in the Midwest had  more than the rest of the West Coast and
California combined. Cindy
www.cinosamgsd.com

Jeff,
I  published all that to the list at least 10 times. I will have to open my
old  PC to get the info again.
To sum it up: I added all the  entries, in all the events except herding in
all the Nationals for the last 10  years ( might have been 12) and put them
by states. I [published them and  supplied the Board with the figures. Then
when that was done I added all the  states in an area as defined by the
Parent Club and added them  together.
Joan
Joan F. Fox
website: http://www.campaignersgsds.com

________________________________
From: "caggra@xxxxxxx"  <caggra@xxxxxxx>
Please clarify - do you mean that the  west coast has had more entries than
the entire rest of the country put  together?
Jeff

From: Joan Fox  <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>Site Question
Yup.... every  year for the last 10 at least

From: Greg Eschette  <geschette@xxxxxxx>  I never new the west coast has
the biggest  enties?
Greg
,
>  campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:
> Each section of the  country needs to be considered especially as year>
after year the west  coast
has given the biggest entry.

> And gotten no respect. We  were scheduled for a National, and when I went
to> the board  meeting,
Debbie said they were not going to go threw  with Los> Angeles, but would
consider it for the next year.>
> I think I was just learning to drive when that meeting was held.  But, I
am> still waiting.>
> It could  happen.
Evan Ginsburg

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org