[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Now what?

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "showgsd@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 16:48:45 -0400

 I think Ileana is correct.  From what I understand the show site is very very
nice. I know Art was very impressed when he judged there for the Futurity but
he also did not have a dog to worry about.

The things about the National that are the biggest problems are that you can't
fly there with a large size male.  Several of my friends have to fly their
males in 700 crates because of airline requirements so they have to drive which
for West Coast people can take 3-4 days depending on how many hours a day you
want to drive. For those who work that takes 6-8 days just in travel not to
mention the actual time at the National.

Also, there is the issue that the membership voiced their request that
Nationals be rotated across the country and for next three years the Board has
decided to go against the member's wish.

The issue of stalls or no stalls will be found out in the next week or so once
everyone gets there. Personally I prefer stalls as it is less noisy and
confusing for the dogs and allows them some rest time.  Also, I feel the
security is much better for the dog and your grooming equipment.  And yes, I am
use to not having stalls as I do show at all breeds also, but it is not the
same as normally your days are not as long and not as many.

I have opted not to go this year for several reasons but certainly some of
those are what is listed above.  I certainly will miss not having the streaming
video as I have enjoyed it in the past even if it buffered and cut off
sometimes.  Hope Evan does not have any issues with connecting to the internet
as the Blog will be important to us stay at homers.

I am sure we will hear from the attendees the good and bad things.

Kay Springer
www.showboatgsd.com
Home of Multi BISS & Multi Grp. Winning
DAE GCh. Rohan's Reward ROM TC CGC HT RE CDX, GSDCA Health Award of Merit
"Strider" 80 BOBs #5 & #6 GSD 2009 - 2008 Eukanuba BOB - 2009 Eukanuba BOS