[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Now baby puppy raising...how do others do it?

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx" <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 08:02:22 -0800 (PST)

We have always raised our pups that way. They get to experience things from the
time they are born. Don't raise a litter unless I have lots of time and energy
to go through the entire process of creating well rounded dogs.
I love taking them for walks in the woods where they find all sorts of natural
obstacle, smells, etc. Some days one pup may feel overwhelmed and has the
option of staying home rather than joining us on the walk. I am a great
believer in introducing things as the pup feels ready and, just like kids, they
are not always ready at the same time. The best helpers are the adult dogs who
know exactly what a pup is ready for - some days very gently, others rough and
tumble.
The reason I prefer performance homes is those owners work with their dogs
every day rather than leaving them in a kennel or crate.
Ruth

On Sunday, February 9, 2014 5:12 AM, Sally <sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kathy
I age