[ SHOWGSD-L ] Now, I am confused

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 10:36:08 EST

campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:
We can't  use the 4th place judge?
We can't use any judge that shows dogs?
Beats  me!

More questions. Look, I think the idea of having a show at the national,
(other than the national show) is interesting.

If we used the fourth place national judge then if one of the national
judges is unable to finish his/her assignment, the fourth place judge would not
 be
available. Since it is possible all three judges would come down with lime
desease before the show, we would have to hold off using the next three judges.
 So, the judge for the show at the nationl, (NTN) (not the national) would be
 whoever got the 7th best number of votes.

But, if we use a judge that was on the national ticket, then they can't  show
that week under any other judge, or can they?  Also, since the  membership
didn't vote for that judge as the top six vote getters,  to do  the national,
is
that someone we want to judge a show?  (I acknowledge that  the position on
that question is stupid, only the best people get nominated to  judge the
national.  Two that come to mind that haven't been elected are  Bob Dresher and
Randy).

I also wonder about handlers.  If we use one judge, from the panel,  none of
the handlers who have shown for that judge, or are going to show for  that
judge, can handle at the show, but can they then handle at the show the  next
day.  I notice in the BOG there is a new AKC rule about showing under  a judge
whose name you have uttered within 45 days of a show, if after the show,  you
have any physical contact with the judge beyond a fist bump.  So, the  handling
police will have to work overtime to make sure no one violates that new  rule,
and we may have to enact even another punishment.  Maybe we can say  they can
show and judge a future national, but any shows done in conjunction  with the
national show, they can only show dogs they co-bred, or co-own, with  the
national judge, but not the other show.

So many new rules, and restrictions, and so many questions.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
steps!