[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Novice PPPer...

  • From: "L. Hartten" <hartten@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:47:52 -0600

On 10/17/06 11:44 AM, Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 10/17/2006 10:38:50 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> > As a  novice PPPer. what do I do?
>

> Hi Sweetie,
> Find your favorite beverage....jump on board, prepare to  be irreverent, and
> stay up late.  I think that is a good  start.   The later it gets and the
> more
> days go by, the more admin  lets us get away with.  Honestly it was real good
> time last year!!!!

  <yawn> I stayed up waaaay too late last night pickling beets, does
that count?  or does that just make me pathetic?

To make this GSD-related, Indi was too tired to "help" with the beet
work.  She wore herself out supervising as I mowed the lawn/leaves & put
them in the compost pile along with a lot of water and kitchen scraps
and rotting pumpkin.

It *is* snowing here in Boulder, also up near Ft. Collins and in the
southern parts of Denver it looks like.  (snowflakes are  not as good at
reflecting as raindrops are, so it's harder to look at a radar picture &
decide exactly where it's snowing).  However, there is no way we've got
12".  I'm willing to go out on a limb and say there's no way we're
*getting* 12" out of this storm, not  east of the foothills (i.e. in the
urban corridor).

Cheers,
  Leslie, on board, always irreverent, but not staying up late tonight
--
Leslie M. Hartten                web: http://spot.colorado.edu/~hartten
CIRES, Univ. of Colorado         email: hartten@xxxxxxxxxxxx