[ SHOWGSD-L ] Not selling at Nationals

  • From: chsweetsun@xxxxxxx
  • To: Ginialtman@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:36:02 -0400

 OK, So Here is the official retraction -  Dogs WILL NOT be sold (and Have
never been) at Our Nationals.  Some Dogs maybe walking around with pink
bandanas on.  Perhaps they are to support the Breast Cancer - which I would
love to post about that idea- but the AKC will probably come after me too, Or
perhaps it will be just because people like pink that day.  Spread the word.
Dogs with Pink bandanas on are not for sale at the Nationals...what happens
after the show or off grounds....or is the AKC controling that too?  Ah yes,
the AKC, the support of our dogs, no?  THEY are thrilled at how BIG our entries
are and how many people are in clubs.
So, since NO one will sell any dog at OUR Nationals...Everything will be hunky
dory?

I for one am concerned about showing dogs future..What are Your Ideas??

.

I know your intentions were not to be harmful but you are opening up yourself
and anyone else who has a "pink bandana" for a bench show committee hearing.
This is against the AKC regulations and there will be AKC personnel at this
show. Your posting it on the list has made it public.

Please post a retraction of this idea on the list to protect yourself and
others--you may not sell dogs at dog shows--this includes our National.

Ginny