[ SHOWGSD-L ] Not in my backyard

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:14:17 EDT

In a message dated 4/11/07 9:05:38 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
We are not, for one minute, assuming that the judges
that judge the Regular  Futurity are in any way "slanted" toward  the
professionals.

I was trying to use a bit of hyperbole to show that the judging is not an
un-level playing field.  To claim we need to get rid of the professional
handlers to change the quality of the judging is unfair.  I agree, it might  be
nice
to give the youngsters a chance to show in a show by their own, but that  is
not what we claimed we were going to do. We wanted to allow anyone who had
not been paid to handle.  We are not holding a Junior Futurity, or at least
that is not how I understood it.

I am not sure what that does, but it sounds like people had fun, so that is
a good thing. But, I see no reason to claim we are trying to take away
advantages for the professional. That only insults the judges.  We have  enough
problems with who judges our Futurities without denigrating them.

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/