[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Not in my backyard

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 23:15:24 -0400

Evan <ELG440@xxxxxxx> writes:  "In California you are required by the law not
to file a suit without
merit. An attorney can be disbarred for doing so."

Okay, then consider the following 2 scenarios, either or both of which happen
regularly in every state:

1.  An attorney is given misinformation or incomplete information by his/her
client and files a lawsuit on their behalf against a 3rd party who truly did
nothing wrong.

2.  One party sues another, without benefit of counsel, and makes erroneous and
untrue complaints in his/her suit.

In either of the above instances, why should innocent people have to be put in
the position of defending themselves against untrue charges?

Paulette