[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Not in my backyard

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 07:03:18 -0700 (PDT)

Mr. Aloof lives in my house.  He is grateful for the first walk of the day and
is positively jolly then.  But from that point forward he could care less what
I am doing unless he will benifit from it.

  Soundest dog I have met in years!!!!  A consumate alpha if ever there were
one.  Guests are sniffed and then ignored, he rarely barks either.

  Magnificent dog!!!!!  and an asshole, if you ask me.
  sheila
ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 9/5/2007 10:07:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Elsyd1@xxxxxxx writes:
as far as the dogs are concerned, you are as nothing
to them. They tolerate and ignore.

I noticed this on some of my dogs. It is called aloof. The dog stands
secure, with little involvement with the enviornment, and without fawning over
the people.

I hate that in a German shepherd.

I want a dog that loves me, that wants my attention. I want a dog that is
always concerned with what is going on around him,and wants to work within the
enviornment, not letting it pass him by. I want a dog that dotes on my moods,
wants to please me, and is happy to re recognized, and shows it with a
wag,and a kiss. I want a dog that will jump on the bed, to be told to get off,
at
least three times. I want a dog that reacts to my pets, and comes back for
more. I want a dog that is so happy to see me when I get home, I have to sneak
into the house so he won't knock me down. I want a dog that makes me laugh
when I am sad, and calms me down when I am aggitated. I want a dog that needs
me, as much as I need him.

I don't want my dog to be aloof all the time, and not be involved with me or
the enviorrnment.

I want an American style dog.

Evan

Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!