[ SHOWGSD-L ] Not in my backyard

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:14:32 EDT

In a message dated 4/10/07 7:18:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The  Amateur is a venue that was proposed to offer those who would like  to
compete on a more level playing field the opportunity to do  so.

This does offend me, (shut up Paul).  OK, maybe it  doesn't offend me, but it
does trouble me.  We use highly qualified judges,  (maybe too qualified) to
do our Futurities.  Is it the opinion of our Board  that these judges are not
providing a level playing field?  Are we sure  that the show is "slanted" in
some way to the professionals?

I think it is an insult to the judges of our Futurities to say  we need
another venue to make it a "level playing field."  What we actually  are doing
in
disallowing the professional handlers is lowering the quality of  the handlers,
but with what is out there in Juniors, that may not be true. Some  of these
kids do a better job than some of the so called  professionals.

I am for the Amateur Futurity.  I think it is a great  idea, fun for a lot of
people and a good idea for allowing more people to show  dogs. But, I don't
think saying we are doing it to provide a level playing field  does service to
the judges we use. It insults them, and should not be used in  that manner.
The people we elect to judge our shows and our Futurities  should be judging on
a level playing field, or they should not be  judging.

On the other hand, I am probably just angry because I won a  Motion that I
should have lost.

Evan_  Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come together