[ SHOWGSD-L ] Not how I see it

  • From: "DavidFritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 10:52:57 -0800

> Judges are human and some cannot help being awed by his presence. Yes, it
> is wrong, but rather than blaming Jimmy, why not blame the judges?
> Lee

Lee, you are absolutely right.... It is a human thing - a phenomena.

Years ago, in a non-dog world, I had a friend who was a very famous speaker.
He was good, but he also did not know why he was always the key-note speaker
at every event. It was not that he was smarter than anyone else, said more
profound things that anyone else, or had played the political game better
than anyone else. He was just one of those people who surface above everyone
else.

When he came into a room full of people, every eye turned his way - he
breathed up half the oxygen and took up 3/4 of the space. It was an awesome
thing to watch, but he did not see it nor attempt to create it.

We have a few of those people in the dog world. Alycia and I have had a ball
watching our handler. In the show parties he will come into a room and set
down and in no time all the chairs are arranger in a semi-circle facing him
and they are full of people listening to him. He does not arrange the
chairs, he just goes in and sets down.

Some people fight for an audience, some just seem to have an audience
following them. That charismatic phenomena is intriguing to me. I'm not sure
how to produce it and sell it, but if I could I suspect I would be very rich
and probably ruin the entire world.

Dave