[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Not directed to Sheila at all

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: gsdhallmark@xxxxxxx, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, SallyHH31@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:05:25 EDT

I am afraid that I am going to be nitpicking here. (I wrote to Kathy
privately about MY Kaitlyn).   Because my son works with persons with
disabilities
(Independent Living Centers of S.CA),he has educated me (as well as hundreds in
the Southern CA area....cause that's his job:) how much words define a person.
 Just as the ARIstas have inculcated changes in our language to change
meaning, so do words regarding people.   Kurt tells me that people with
disabilities
are PERSONS ....with disabilities.   I am NOT faulting   Edie or anybody
else.   Up until I was reeducated, words that we all use were part of MY
vocabulary, too.   But just changing those two words around gives so much more
respect
to the individual.    A person has a disability, he/she is not disabled.

In a message dated 7/13/07 10:36:51 AM, gsdhallmark@xxxxxxx writes:

> It's easier to take a deep breath when you don't have a disabled child at
> home.  Kathy and Ken are friends and we know who much goes into the care of
> their daughter and what a wonderful child she is.  This does deserve
> writers have to take their punches just as parents of disabled had to take
> theirs.
>
> Edie

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope