[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Not belonging

  • From: "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 21:46:24 -0500

Good points all, Denise.  I agree with you, yet I just joined the GSDCA for
5 more years.  I do my own thing too.  (Horses take up much of my time.)
Love the dogs, hate the back-stabbing, but I have always been thick-skinned
and laughingly think that if all people have to do is to talk about me,
well, let 'em.  LOL  I love the dogs:  Black dogs, white dogs, bi-colored
and sable dogs--GSDs all!  I don't care that the club doesn't need me; I
don't need it either.  But I still want to be a member.  It's a puzzlement.

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog Forever

And that is the problem. There is little respect going around.

It has nothing to do with having a bad attitude because I'm not winning.
Actually I have points and majors, so I am winning something. It would help
to play the game more often too.  And I don't particularly care if I'm
popular. I am not an attention seeker.  What I don't care for is being
snubbed, tricked, lied to and lied about. Sure it happens to everybody  at
some time in all aspects of life. I control the interactions I can when I
can. Membership is something I can control, so why stick my hand in the fire
to get burned?

I have several things on my plate, time gets divvied up in certain ways, so
it's the interpersonal ties that bind people to an organization. I'm not
getting that vibe, but the opposite.  "We don't need you here" is the
general feeling that's out there in the GSD community, and perhaps in all
dog showing. That's cool. I have other things to do with my time.

Denise Williams
www.foursquaremicrofarm.us
Sabian Shepherds and Rush Hour Rabbitry

From: "ELG440@xxxxxxx" <ELG440@xxxxxxx>
  But, I  respect their
right to disagree with me, and be wrong.

Evan L. Ginsburg