[ SHOWGSD-L ] Not belonging

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 14:04:29 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 1/30/13 10:43:03 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
lfossland@xxxxxxx writes:

There  are some great people on the Board, but they are few. I would like to
see  the all too well known to step back and let some new names appear.
We are  losing the good ones because of those who forever wish to be in the
lime  light. New members tend to vote them in as their names sound familiar.
It  is a constant Merry-go-round, I don't understand why people don't get
it!
We do have people with great ideas, let them come forward and take over  the
lead. Thus possibly eliminating a lot of  problems.

How many people ran for the board, and were not elected?  As I  remember,
it wasn't many. Not that many members want to take the time, dedicate  the
work, give up their lives and spend the money to serve on the board.

I was recently asked again if I would again run for the board. It took me a
 long time to stop laughing. I enjoyed being on the board, and the  only
way  I would do it again is if I were so senile that no one would want me
there  anyway.  It is very hard work, takes a great deal of dedication and
costs.  The time off the board is spent doing things for the club. I kept track
of my  time, and I averaged over 10 hours a week on club business. I still
have 14  boxes of files from when I was on the board.

I agree there are some board members who do it only to serve their ego.
But, I thank them for doing it. They work just as hard, give up the same time
and effort that the rest of the board does, and dedicate themselves to
serve  us.  And then they get the abuse we hand out.  Recently our board said
they were going to look at some changes.  A number of people jumped down
their collective throats for suggesting any changes to the standard.  And,  had
they not agreed to look at a change, the other group would complain they
just are stuck in the present and refuse to consider change.

I agree, there are some other people that should be given a chance to
serve. But, if they run, they will get that chance, eventually. I remember when

Zoe first decided to be on the board. I warned her, and yet, after serving,
she  ran again.  Flower Boy ran and was not elected.  If he runs again, he
might be.

Let's thank those who do this, and recognize what they give up for the
club.  If you want to be part of the board, and if you want to take the  abuse
they get, run. Eventually you will be elected.  But, be careful what  you
ask for, you might get it.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together