[ SHOWGSD-L ] Not a problem

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:21:54 EDT

In a message dated 9/14/08 8:59:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
shiral@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I am a  pansy and don't think I can stand the heat.

After the earthquake here, when there was some lack of electricity, I was
worried as to how people would survive without air conditioning.

Then I thought about when I was young, and no one had air conditioning. I
remember ice boxs with actual chunks of ice, that we bought every couple of
days, and put in the bottom, (interesting since cold goes down and heat
rises).
Years later we would get an air conditioner to put in the window  for one
room.  We tried to spend as much time in that room as we  could.  Did mon get
it
for the kitchen, the family get it for the living  room where we watched the
first black and white television on the block, or did  the folks get it for the
bedroom?  Every home was different.

I remember a friend of mine who convinced his family that the new car  didn't
need air. He would take them all for a ride on a hot day, with the  windows
up, and then after about ten minutes of driving, have them roll down the
windows, (no power windows), and say, "Now, see how cool that is, we don't need

air conditioning."

This is a dog person, and I will let her tell us if she remembers it. She  is
remarried now.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/