[ SHOWGSD-L ] Not a dog, but a horse

  • From: Penny Kroh <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:28:31 -0400

After taking care of the dogs this morning, there was someplace I had
to go. It was a small horse boarding farm called April Acres, in Pine
Bush, about 15 minutes away from me.  Someone told me 2 days ago, that
a red dun quarter horse I used to own was there.  His name is Doodles
(because of the queer little brown marks on his blaze) and I was
privileged to be owned by him for about 5 years.  He helped me through
pneumonia and breast cancer.  Anyone could ride him, even Billy!  When
my knees started to bother me, I sold him, then lost track.  He was
the one who got away.  I'd dream about him, his deep brown liquid
eyes, his calm demeanor, his loyalty and steadfastness.  What a fool I
was to have sold him!  Time passed.  I bought 2 other quarter horses,
Diesel (black) and Chester, who is red.  The only problem was that I'd
call Chester "Doodles".  Just couldn't get that big guy out of my head.
When I got to April Acres, I asked the confused proprietors about
Doodles--they'd changed his name to "Blue." <?>  Happy ending--they
sold him to me!  He's around 23, but he's Doodles!!!  When I saw him,
I ran up to him, threw my arms around his neck and promptly burst into
tears.  He sighed--was he thinking, "What took you so long?"  I know,
I know.
Penny in NY