[ SHOWGSD-L ] Not Friday, the 13th? but it could have been

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:26:38 -0700

Obviously today is Friday, the 27th, so why did things go so wrong?
It started out pretty nice, no rain and the sun made its way up on the
horizon.

I got a big envelope in the mail, the expected picture, a head shot of my
boy. In a bubble envelope, but no cardboard, it suffered from the handling
and was less than perfect. Oh well, I thought, once it's framed people won't
notice.

Had some errands to run, so quickly in the car and do it before it gets too
hot. The car does not start. So I call my travel club, they come in a timely
manner. It's not the battery, the battery is fine. Why should it be, that's
too simple. So I call the Service Dept. to see if they could fit me in if I
have the car towed. No, not until Tuesday. Fine! A friend of mine stopped by
to check what was wrong, but could only tell me what wasn't and decided to
pick up the car tomorrow and check some more with his instruments. He thinks
it might be the computer in the car which normally runs around $400.- if I
am lucky, but won't be able to do it until Tuesday.

I had to mail a letter but was out of stamps, so I decided to walk to the
Post Office (at the Chevron Station nearby) but it started raining. Bad
idea. I go back into the house, turn on the TV. The satellite is out. Still
out after 2 hrs. so I called to ask them to fix it. While I was on the phone
with this lady it started storming outside like crazy. Branches as big as my
arm started coming off the tree - and two of my dogs were outside. I ran to
the door with the phone on my ear while this lady gave me directions as to
how to fix my satellite. The rain had come through the dog door, I did not
see the puddle, slipped on it and ended up on my rump, phone still on my
ear, dogs still outside. Hung up the phone to let the dogs in, it really
didn't matter because then the lights went out and I had neither TV nor
computer.

So I went to the fridge, which was dark inside, groped around for a beer,
sat down and drank it lustily and the hell with everything else.

It could have been Friday the 13th but it wasn't. Hope tomorrow will be
better.

Lee F.