[ SHOWGSD-L ] Northern & Eastern Virginia Specialty Shows and Mid Atlantic Futurity

  • From: LauraEG@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 15:55:39 EDT

Quick update!

The entries have closed, the acknowledgements went out today!  Looks  like we
have 5 point majors both days, both sexes!  Thank you for getting  your
entries in on time!  Ha! See there, you can do  it!  The cat is out of the bag,
keep up the good work!

You can still enter the Temperament Test until May 24th for the pre-entry
rate of $20.  You can also enter the day of the test - (Sunday, May 27th),  the
rate will be $25 on the day of the test.

Videographer:             Bob Lindsay  will be donating videos for all 3
days.  We will be holding a 3 day raffle  just for these videos, both clubs and
the winner of these videos will  benefit!  BRING MONEY, start checking under
those couch cushions now, you  won't want to miss out!

Photographer:             Miguel  Betancourt (will also be available for
private photo  sessions)

There is still plenty of room to reserve your space for Dave Rinke's "State
of the Breed".  You can always count on Dave for an excellent and
entertaining program.  Contact me:  Laura Gilbert to make your  reservation!

In addition to this  excellent judging panel, combining over 150 years  of
experience in the breed,  our specialty show sponsor, Royal Canin  has
generously
donated some very  valuable prizes (i.e. an assortment  of  dog foods/treats,
grooming towels, GSD encyclopedias, leather  leashes ,etc.)  to be awarded
and
raffled at the shows.  We also  have a hospitality event scheduled
immediately
after the  educational  program on Saturday, and again after the Temperament
Test on   Sunday.  Mark your calendars as you  don't want to miss this
weekend
folks!

Host Hotel:     Best Western, Fredericksburg
2205  William  Street
Fredericksburg, Virginia
(540) 371-5050
A group  rate  of $74.00/night with an additional $15.00/night fee for dogs
in
room is  applicable.  Free continental breakfast is  included.  A
$10.00/night
fee for RV parking has  been approved  however, space is limited and a
reservation is required.  Please note  that (50) rooms  have been blocked
until May 1,
2007, after which time,  first come first  serve.

Show  Site:       Old  Mill Park
1240  Caroline  Street
Fredericksburg, Virginia

Many may  recall as this was the site of the 2002 MA Futurity.   This is an
excellent venue with large  grassy rings, plenty of shade, a  covered
pavilion,
water, power,  etc.

For further  information regarding the weekend events, please   contact:
*   Bill Gish         (540) 895-5870 or _gsd001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:gsd001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
*   Laura Gilbert     (757) 421-7854 or  _gsdcofeva@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:gsdcofeva@xxxxxxx)
*   Cathy Darnell    (804) 320-5390 or  _acara1997@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:acara1997@xxxxxxx)

We look  forward to your attendance, participation and support for  this fun
and exciting  holiday weekend!