[ SHOWGSD-L ] North Carolina--GET ON THE PHONE

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 11:07:57 -0400

-----Original Message-----

CROSS POSTING ENCOURAGED
Our legislators have chosen to follow the ugly tide of animal rights
legislation by passing H2098--Say goodbye to due process of law, the
presumption of innocent until proven guilty, and quickly put a savvy
attorney on retainer-they are here, and "we" are their targets.  Say
goodbye to foxpens and rabbit pens--that will be "baiting" and you will
be charged with a FELONY! No more Earthdog trials-baiting those terriers
with rats....shame on you--FELONY! Could this law be used against your
herding or livestock dogs?
While there was an addition for the lawful taking of animals, the
wording of the bill still leaves too much room for interpretation.  The
only chance now is to bring this to the attention of the Governor, and
ask that he VETO H2098.
In North Carolina, call 1-800-662-7952.
Outside of North Carolina, 919-733-4240 or 919-733-5811.
Ask the Governor to VETO H2098 and save us from our Legislators.  Ask
him to protect our freedoms and traditions.  Call every day-send this to
friends and relatives....cross post to NC dog lists!!

For a synopsis of the bill, and a link to the final bill, go to
http://www.ncraoa.com/alerts.html

Ginger Cleary, Rome, GA

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the
most oppressive. C.S.Lewis

www.rihadin.com <http://www.rihadin.com>

My Ebay site
<http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=ginny2003>